Thursday, November 8, 2007

The final tune

You don't learn and experience life if you don't have a go and dip your toe in. This program was a full body immersion. It has been at varying times frustrating, always challenging and most importantly very very satisfying and great fun.
I have set up so many online accounts I now have a directory to my usernames and passwords. Along the way I have set up some online documents to share with staff, joined our staff wiki, use the blogline book reviews frequently and will maintain my blog both on a professional and personal interest basis, keeping both colleagues and friends amused with my blog discoveries.
I have found the whole exercise not only informative on a library level, but also on a "keeping up with the savvy patrons" level. The program initiated many lively discussions around the staff tea table, which can only be good! There was of course the added benefit for my photography aspirations and I have now tracked down several blogs on the rather obscure pastime of digiscoping.
All in all a job well done by all involved.

1 comment:

Yarra Plenty Library Regional Library said...

Congratulations on completing the program. I hope you have enjoyed the experience.

Lynette